More than 130 years of God's story at Countryside
We've been around as a congregation for more than a century. After settling began in 1847 in the Coburg-area of the lower Willamette Valley, believers began gathering in homes in the 1880s. This was the beginning of what today is Countryside. We officially gathered as a local church congregation at the turn of the last century, and even built a building to call home in 1901. Over the years we've been called Church of Christ, Christian Church, Christian Fellowship, and since the 1990s we have been known as Countryside.
We lived, we worked, we celebrated, we grieved, we succeeded, we failed, we honored the Lord... we lived life together for more than 100 years. We had times of great influence in our community, we had years when we didn't hold services in the summer because we had so few people. We built buildings to worship in, we created festivals to celebrate community in, and we took great faith in our God. Time has passed, some that were born here have long since both lived and died here and God has been faithful to all of the generations that have called themselves this congregation. Over the years we saw many of our tastes, priorities and even some of our beliefs grow and change from our earliest days. One thing that always remained constant is our love for, and our devotion to, Jesus.
In the early 1990's the Lord continued his maturing of us and began to change us in some very specific ways — we began to use a new name, our style of ministering began to reflect God's changes in us, our beliefs about the Bible and our faith took on new meaning and our previous denominational ties were left behind.
The Lord has born fruit in the many years of worship, service, fellowship and prayer that He had begun. For more than 130 years the believers in Coburg have been faithfully loving and serving the Lord.